[mythtv-users] Anyone else have guide data problems? (SchedulesDirect only)

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 19:15:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> >  By default, MythTV downloads Today+1 and Today+14. (or there abouts).
> >  don't remember if it updates Today.
> >
> >  The networks themselves don't know what's on 14 days from now... so
> >  since anything past Today+1 is "14 days old" at the time of download,
> >  it's a safe bet that most of your guide is inaccurate.
>
> A few years ago someone wrote a patch to deal with that, but
> apparently they never submitted it officially. More recently, someone
> picked up that patch and submitted it. It got reworked and added to
> the trunk about a month ago. It adds a --refresh-day flag to
> mythfilldatabase (you can add this in the setup screen for
> mythfilldatabase). I have mine set to also refresh 4 and 7 days out
>
> What I really would like to do is a --refresh-all every day, but I try
> to be more polite to SD than that. It would be nice if there was a way
> that SD could do some sort of diff that would only send us the
> changes.

What I have done is set up a cron job that runs a --refresh-today command at
about 6pm local time in order to catch any changes in the schedule for the
upcoming primetime hours.  This has even worked well to catch Presidential
addresses that are scheduled "unexpectedly" and sometimes the guide data
updates to show them.

Kevin