[mythtv-users] A different perspective on the "user experience issue"

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Feb 26 20:06:33 UTC 2008

On Feb 26, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Ben Firshman wrote:

> On 26 Feb 2008, at 15:29, Doug Meredith wrote:
>>
> The frontend setup pages are for the frontend, mythtv-setup is for the
> backend. I don't understand where the confusion is?

Not always. Job queue stuff which runs on the backend is configured in
the frontend's setup screens. Same thing with mythfilldatabase auto-
run settings and logging events to the database. I can never remember
where I'm supposed to go to adjust stuff. I just poke around all the
setup screens until I stumble across what I'm trying to change. I'm
sure there are other backend-specific settings sitting in the
frontend's setup screens that I'm missing as well.

-Brad