[mythtv-users] MythVideo: UI suggestion

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Feb 26 22:26:05 UTC 2008

>>>  I think that "series" awareness in mythvideo would be a very useful
>>>  feature.
>>>

>> Agreed. Also something the OP mentioned is knowing which episode you
>> have watched - perhaps each video could simply have an extra field in
>> the DB noting when it was last viewed?
>>
> I think this ties in nicely with my 'rant' about advertising content.
> Being series aware would be a god send, as would it somehow announcing
> that a new episode(s) of a series are now available (i.e. Sarah's been
> busy with the Stargate/B5/Spooks DVD's); I know what I've been up to but
> other people in the house don't sort of thing.
>
> Perhaps even a button that triggers a "new in the last X days" view (X
> being a user configurable option but defaults to say 7 which sounds
> sensible).
> As above a new column in the DB for 'date added' with a "select name
> from videometadata where date > (date - X)" and display that in a window
> with selectable controls along with a 'cancel' button; similar to the
> IMDB output in the video manager.
>

> As a side, good to see the rants starting a constructive look at stuff.

I'd just be happy with the Watched Field added to the DB and some sort of
image overlay added to the coverart maybe? I was toying with creating a
user job that would take the coverart image and add a watched watermark on
top of it but having the time to play with this as my coding ability is
minimal at best, so it could take me a while to work this out.

On top of this another cool idea would be a Random buttom which randomly
picks an unwatched video, I know most people including my wife are
terrible at deciding what to watch and are used to the "whats on"
mentality we've been forced fed from the broadcasters.

Just my 2 cents