[mythtv-users] Perfect, Small, Quiet, Cheap, HD Frontend??

diane mittnik dianemittnik at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 00:25:54 UTC 2008

$199 Linux pc:

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9847365-7.html?tag=bl

http://us.shuttle.com/kpc/features.html

The base processor is a celeron, but the optional ones (to boost up
that price) available are Core2Duos.  It also comes with stock 512MB
Ram, with more memory as an option.  I have no idea if the video card
will be sufficient or if the video card (or audio) contain the outputs
necessary for MythTV.

Note that the KPC is vaporware so far, the web site has been
redirecting to the survey for a couple of weeks at least.  The
news.com coverage (or another site coverage iirc) says the boxes will
be available at the end of the 1st quarter, which means I'll be
clicking on the "buy" button another 30-40 times before it may work
for me at the end of March.