[mythtv-users] Firewire issues; default LiveTV tuner

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Feb 28 05:34:40 UTC 2008

On Feb 27, 2008, at 8:25 PM, Bob Sully wrote:

>> I don't use firewire so I can't help you there and I don't know what
>> you searched for to find that wrong piece of information, but here's
>> just one of the MANY messages about this in the archives:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/254361
>
>> In fact, it's so frequently asked that there's even an entry in the
>> Frequently Asked Questions section of the Wiki.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Need_to_prioritise_cards.2Finputs_for_live_TV
>

> OK, this basically tells me that if I have more than two tuners, I
> still
> can't choose a default...basically I have two options - the lowest
> and the
> highest-numbered one.  While this fixed my problem (switching to
> Tuner 1
> by unchecking the box, rather than using the Firewire (tuner 5)),
> what if
> I wanted to use the one in the middle as the default?  Yeah, I know,
> it's
> splitting hairs in this case, but it might be an issue for someone
> with
> more than two tuners, all of which are different.

Reorder them so the one you want to use for LiveTV is in the position
appropriate for it.
Delete All Capture Cards is a common phrase on this list. :)

I pretty much enter LiveTV (once a month or so), then go to the menu
and pick the tuner I want from the input menu. It's not really that
big of a deal since all my cards works correctly. Once you get yours
working, you'll see it's pretty easy. This is a feature that will be
in 0.21 by the way. In previous versions you need to cycle through the
tuners which admittedly is a pain.

I hope someone can help with your firewire issue.