[mythtv-users] Underwater audio

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 28 05:55:06 UTC 2008

>>>>> Curtis Stanford writes:

c> I'm having a problem with audio in SVN lately that I've never had
c> before. On certain channels recorded over firewire (SD mainly), the
c> audio sounds like it's underwater. Usually, human voices sound OK but
c> any music sounds warbly and stuttery. The MPEG streams in question all
c> seems to be 32KHz audio. I haven't changed my hardware or audio
c> drivers for quite a while but something seems to have change in SVN
c> lately.

c> The HD channels have 48KHz audio and play OK.

        I think I have the same problem with 32kHz audio in NUV
recordings (framegrabber). The patch in this ticket (reverts some rev
15893 changes) seems to fix the problem for me:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4764
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.