[mythtv-users] Why do they put VGA on Mother Boards anymore?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:30:25 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
> > On Feb 28, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> >
> >> I refuse to believe that the average consumer is building PCs from
> >> parts purchased through newegg.  But the fact remains that putting a
> >> VGA port on a mobo does not increase your market, it limits it.
> >
> > Have you read some of the comments left by people who have bought
> > motherboards from newegg? Below average isn't all that uncommon. :)
> >
> > If they take VGA off a motherboard, they run the risk of comments like
> > "this motherboard suxx. I plugged in my 15 year old CRT and nothing
> > happened. Don't buy this!!!1!1"
>
> My experience is that NewEgg seems to cater to gamers, folks who think
> they know all about computers but actually just know a little bit
> about Windows.
>
> Their customers certainly don't know where to find good prices, I
> rarely see anything newegg is selling that can't be had more cheaply
> elsewhere.
>
> The convenience is nice. They have a good selection and ship quickly,
> but they don't seem to understand servers or Unix people very much.
>
> Just my personal opinion of course.
>
> beww

uhhhh,  i am sure glad my motherboard has DVI and VGA.  I run my myth box
dual headed.  DVI for the 1080p mythfrontend and a 15 VGA LCD connected on
the other for playing music and admin work.  This way i dont have to power
on my Projector and waste expensive hours of use just to start amarok and
play some tunes!

Mitchell