[mythtv-users] Why do they put VGA on Mother Boards anymore?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:13:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> My experience is that NewEgg seems to cater to gamers, folks who think
> they know all about computers but actually just know a little bit
> about Windows.
>
> Their customers certainly don't know where to find good prices, I
> rarely see anything newegg is selling that can't be had more cheaply
> elsewhere.

Interesting take.  I've been using Newegg almost exclusively for years
because I can never find things more than $5 cheaper elsewhere and Newegg
usually ships for free with FedEx 3-day. I've had good RMA experience with
them, so I don't mind spending an extra few $$ for peace of mind.  When
including shipping costs, are there really vendors that are a lot cheaper
than Newegg and are not fly-by-night operations with low customer feedback
ratings?  If so, I'd love to hear about them.

/Brian/