[mythtv-users] Encoding for Blackberry?

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Thu Feb 28 21:25:00 UTC 2008

Mike Dent wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got a Blackberry 8320 with wi-fi, just wondering if anybody is
> doing any encoding from mythtv for playback
> on this device? I'm not sure what the inbuilt media player is capable
> of on the Blackberry?
> If it is possible to play back content which is streamed over Wi-Fi,
> how do I configure Myth to encode its shows
> (perhaps from midnight to 6am when the box is quiet) and then dump
> them in a web accessible directory so I can
> browse them from my Blackberry and stream them?
I did this for my Treo 700p using ffmpeg to convert the videos to
320x240 3GP (MPEG4/AAC) files.

I also installed Apples Darwin Streaming server to stream them. Works
well over Sprint's network most of the time. Though 320x240 video is
really only useful for "talking head" news shows.

There are instructions on the MythTV.org website to get you started:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Stream_mythtv_recordings_to_mobile_devices

.JS

> Thanks
> Mike

==
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04
MythTV SVN version below
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 6150 video VGA/DVI
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.10.4
HDHomerun /sys/version 20071120
1GB RAM
2- 500GB Seagate SATA: ST3500641AS
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
MythTV Version   : 16312M
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Library API      : 0.21.20080224-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend using_dbox2 using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live