[mythtv-users] MythTV and guide data time offset.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 22:43:22 UTC 2008

I decided to start a new thread since the problem appears to be with
Fedora/Myth and not the data Schedules Direct is giving me.

For those who did not follow the other thread here's the short version:

F8/MythTV 0.20.2 (latest from atrpms)

I have verified the following:

date returns the correct time with either the system time set to UTC
with a -6 offset for central time or with the system time set to
actual with no offset.

Data from SD *is* in UTC/GMT/Zulu whatever you want to call it as expected.

When the system time is set to UTC w/ GMT-6 offset data in the front
end guide is off by +12 hours and the guide in MythWeb is off +6 hours
but the time is off -6 hours (i.e. the "current time" shows 4pm when
it's actually 10pm).

When I change the system time to the actual time with 0 offset then
mythweb shows everything correct (current time and guide data) but the
guide in the front end only moves -6 hours so it is still +6 hours
off.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard