[mythtv-users] seeking video hardware recommendations

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Feb 29 15:54:49 UTC 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 2:20 AM, Adam Retter wrote:

> I would like a Mac Mini - but I dont have a LCD/plasma TV - I have the
> old style CRT which will do SCART, S-Video or RGB in - does anyone
> know of a device for the Mac that will do output to any of those?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M9267G/A
Any DVI to S-Video adaptor will work.

I don't think DVI -> Component (I assume you meant Component when you
said RGB) adaptors work on anything but ATI cards and their
appropriate converters. If you want to get component out of a mini, I
think you need to use something that actually does the video
conversion (and not just a converter that passes through signals) like
this: http://sewelldirect.com/VGA-to-HDTV-Converter.asp

Or you can go from DVI to HDMI with any adaptor (like this: http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio-video/adapters/hdmi-dvi-adapters/gefen-dvi-to-hdmi-adapter-ada-dvim-2hdmif/prodGEF00004.html
  ) but it doesn't look like you have HDMI on your display.

-Brad