[mythtv-users] My First MythTV Box

John Sullivan lists at benzo8.org
Tue Jan 1 09:34:57 UTC 2008

> match at ece.utah.edu wrote:

> So YMMV,, it really could depend on whether you have room in the case
for the extra drive(s)...And you will not berate yourself for getting
*large* hard drives for storage....

Thanks guys - an interesting discussion to wake up to on New Year's Day!
Personally, I'm very much a compartmentaliser when it comes to storage,
and so I will always feel better with a separate OS/DB drive and data
drive. But I like Marv's suggestion of putting two big drives in (the case
isn't blessed with zillions of bays, anyhow) and utilising the currently
spare space on the OS drive for some other purpose until such time as I
need it for data, when I won't, as has been suggested, regret not having
done it. Drives are so cheap now that there really is no reason not to
have the space available, even if it's against one's computing principles
to actually make use of it all! :-)

The other thing which has come out of this is harking back to Mitch's
response to my original post - I think he's right now and I will need to
look at a separate remote control - I've managed to take a look at the
control I was planning to use, which comes as part of the Logitech Media
Keyboard pack, and it's not really set up for TV/PVR use - no full number
range, no channel up/down, no record/etc... So, any recommendations for
something that should "just work" if Mythbuntu installs Lirc for me?

Thanks again, and a Happy New Year to all!

John...