[mythtv-users] Front end crashes when trying to bring guide up while watching TV

GLMontyWV glmontywv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 15:53:28 UTC 2008

On Jan 1, 2008 4:14 AM, GR <myth at nmysbh.org.uk> wrote:

> My half educated guess is that you've got a video driver problem.  These
> functions involve merging a video stream with graphics. Which driver are
> you using ? The nVidia blob or the FOSS one ?
>
> GR

I enabled the nVidia one and got the strange white fuzz across the top of
the display.  The one that came with the install worked fine, that's the
FOSS one right?  I dis-enabled the nVivia and went back to default and no
more white fuzz.  I could enable it again and see what it does with the
guide.

Alrighty, re-enabled the nVidia drivers and everything is working great.
The white fuzz isn't there now except for one recording when I play it back,
none on any of the channels.  Will ride with this and see how it does.

Thanks greatly for the suggestion!

Monty