[mythtv-users] Mytharchive missing menu

Paul Catchpole paul at paulcatchpole.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 20:58:23 UTC 2008

Paul Catchpole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've not used mytharchive for six months or so, and I've updated SVN
> versions a few times since then.
>
> I've just started a frontend process on the master backend to use it and
> I can't find the "Find files to archive" option! It also doesn't appear
> on the frontends either.
>
> Am I right in thinking it should be under CD/DVD > Archive Files ?
>
> I had a quick look at the menu xml files in the mythplugins source tree
> for mytharchive and I can't see a menu option for it:
>
> myth mytharchive # grep action *.xml
> archiveformat.xml:      <action>ARCHIVE_CREATE_DVD</action>
> archiveformat.xml:      <action>ARCHIVE_CREATE_ARCHIVE</action>
> archiveformat.xml:       <action>ARCHIVE_ENCODE_VIDEO</action>
> archivemenu.xml:      <action>ARCHIVE_EXPORT_VIDEO</action>
> archivemenu.xml:       <action>ARCHIVE_IMPORT_VIDEO</action>
> archivemenu.xml:       <action>MENU archiveutils.xml</action>
> archiveutils.xml:      <action>ARCHIVE_LAST_LOG</action>
> archiveutils.xml:       <action>ARCHIVE_TEST_DVD</action>
> archiveutils.xml:       <action>ARCHIVE_BURN_DVD</action>
>
> Am I being really daft here?
>
> Cheers,
>
> PC

Ahha,

" Revision 13068 <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13068>, 1.1 kB
(checked in by paulh, 10 months
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/timeline?from=2007-03-18T11%3A28%3A01Z%2B0000&precision=second>
ago)

Change the way items are selected for archive in MythArchive?
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/MythArchive>.

* Remove the 'Find Files To Archive' menu.
* Add new buttons on the create DVD wizard to add recordings, videos and
files.
* Add new buttons on the native archive wizard to add recordings and
videos.
* Use the archiveitems table to just store the items that are selected

    for archive in the current archive job.

* Clear the archive list on a successful completion of an archive job.
* Some UI tweaks and compiler warning fixes."

So it seems that it must have been more than 6 months ago I used it!

The problem I've now got is that MythArchive is remembering my last
selection of files, some of which aren't around anymore, and CreateCD
hangs...

PC