[mythtv-users] Converting "mythtranscoded" files to avi...

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 18:11:29 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 9:04 AM, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/01/2008, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> > On Jan 2, 2008 9:05 AM, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:
> So my next question is, if I use something like ffmpeg to transcode to avi,
> and tweak the filename in the database appropriately, will MythFE still use
> the "internal" player as it currently does for my transcoded files?

Yes, it will work.  However, you should rebuild the seek table for the
new AVI file.  The file size will undoubtedly be different, and to get
smooth transitions when you seek in the new AVI file, a rebuild will
be necessary.

You can use mythcommflag to rebuild the seek tables:

mythcommflag -f OUT.avi --rebuild

Note that you'll have to update your recorded programs database with
the new filename as well.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com