[mythtv-users] Converting "mythtranscoded" files to avi...

Irumbo Mateene imateene at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 18:57:42 UTC 2008

I installed and used nuvexport to transcode my nuv files to a format of my choice .. nuvexport supports several different formats  including ipod/divx and xvid formats..

nuvexport is a stand alone script that can do the job for you ..

You can also create a myth job that you can selectively run on the shows you want to convert to the format of your choice.

for my needs nuvexport is more convenient as it allows me to interactively specify the bit rate and other things ..  you can start with nuvexport and once you know what parameters you use for encoding you can then create a myth job that will do the transcoding ..