[mythtv-users] anyone with working mythtv on CentOS 5.1?

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Wed Jan 2 19:33:58 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 11:19 AM, Corey Wirun <corey at calgary.homelinux.net> wrote:

> This is for anyone who is (successfully) running mythTV on CentOS 5.1.

I see you got a couple responses already, but here's my 2c....

> Could someone do me a favour?  Could someone post a listing of the
> packages installed?  i.e.
>
> rpm -q -a | grep -i ivtv

 [mythtv at mythtv ~]$ rpm -q -a | grep -i ivtv
ivtv-firmware-20070217-15
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.18-53.el5-0.10.6-131.el5

rpm -q -a | grep -i myth

[mythtv at mythtv ~]$ rpm -q -a | grep -i myth
mythweb-0.20.2-169.el5
mythtv-docs-0.20.2-169.el5
libmythtv-0.20.2_0-0.20.2-169.el5
libmythupnp-0.20.2_0-0.20.2-169.el5
mythflix-0.20.2-169.el5
mythtv-themes-0.20.2-169.el5
mythbrowser-0.20.2-169.el5
mythdvd-0.20.2-169.el5
perl-MythTV-0.20.2-169.el5
libmythavcodec-0.20.2_0-0.20.2-169.el5
libmyth-0.20.2_0-0.20.2-169.el5
mythtv-backend-0.20.2-169.el5
mythphone-0.20.2-169.el5
myththemes-0.20.2-115
mythplugins-0.20.2-169.el5
libmythavutil-0.20.2_0-0.20.2-169.el5
libmythfreemheg-0.20.2_0-0.20.2-169.el5
libmythlivemedia-0.20.2_0-0.20.2-169.el5
mythtv-setup-0.20.2-169.el5
mythnews-0.20.2-169.el5
mythweather-0.20.2-169.el5
mythmusic-0.20.2-169.el5
mytharchive-0.20.2-169.el5
mythcontrols-0.20.2-169.el5
mythgallery-0.20.2-169.el5
mythtv-0.20.2-169.el5
libmythavformat-0.20.2_0-0.20.2-169.el5
libmythui-0.20.2_0-0.20.2-169.el5
mythtv-frontend-0.20.2-169.el5
mythgame-0.20.2-169.el5
mythvideo-0.20.2-169.el5

> I noticed on atrpms that there is apparently separate ivtv-kmdl rpms
> labelled 'centos' for the 2.6.18-53.1.4 kernel and I'm wondering if I've
> installed one that doesn't work with mythtv.

I didn't do anything special to get my ivtv-kmdl installed.... I simply used
the command from Jarod's guide (yum install ivtv-kmdl-$KVER). I'm not
looking at atrpms right now and I don't currently run the plus kernel, but
it's possible the CentOS specific ivtv driver is for the plus kernel.

This is part of the diagnosis of my backend errors logged talking to ivtv
> leading to a black screen in live tv.

I personally use LiveTV very, very rarely and mostly just watch recorded
programs. Even when I'm watching a live sports game I typically set it up as
a recording and then start watching it from recorded programs about an hour
in.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us