[mythtv-users] ASUS M2NPV-VM end of production?

Ismo Tanskanen ismot at telemail.fi
Wed Jan 2 21:46:23 UTC 2008

smo Tanskanen wrote:

M2N-VM SE
M2N-VM DH

I can't find those on the ASUS site, and since they
only use a 6100 graphics set, they may be an even
older board. Newegg has the SE and it doesn't show an
adapter for component or S-video out.

M2NBP-VM CSM

It is almost same board, but with quatro chip. Not
bad price imo.

Again, no adapter for component or S-video out.

It doesn't look like any of these 3 is targeted at the
htpc market.

They are not old models, my wholesaler just got those two boards on
stock. Imo they are great to multimedia/htpc
- GF6100
- spdif
- dvi
- serial port
- firewire
- matx

http://www.asus.com.tw/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=345&l4=0&model=1343&modelmenu=1

Svideo and component are indeed disappearing from htpc mobos.
Why are you building htpc with svideo? All modern displays can use vga,
dvi or hdmi

Like this:
http://www.asus.com.tw/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=567&l4=0&model=1944&modelmenu=1

-Kane