[mythtv-users] frontend constantly skipping/dropping frames

Tim Sawyer mythtv at calidris.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 13:08:12 UTC 2008

On Thursday 03 Jan 2008, R wrote:
> > Have you tried running with XvMC enabled?
>
> Nope, I did not do that.
> Don't know how to do it.
> Please tell me.

I've got a similar issue using a Jetway 1.2Ghz C7 board and 1Gb of memory.
Mine seems to pause in time with disk access.  I recently did a

glxinfo > tmp.txt

and that caused the video to pause whilst it wrote the file, which leads me to
believe I have a problem with disk access causing pauses in playback.

XvMC didn't seem to help with me, but you could try it.  In your front end
look in:

Utilities/Setup
Setup
TV Settings
Playback

and change the preferred MPEG2 decoder.  There's a Via XvMC option you can try
here too.

Tim.