[mythtv-users] Experience with Shuttle PC's?

C. R. Oldham cro at ncbt.org
Thu Jan 3 16:34:31 UTC 2008

Reid,

> Any thoughts or experience with the Shuttle PC's?

I had a Shuttle box that I really, really liked, but had pervasive hardware problems. It would run fine for a few days, then I would start it up and the MBR would be corrupted, so it wouldn't boot. I would recover the MBR with a Knoppix boot disk and it would be fine, then a couple of days later it would do it again. I did the component-swap-shuffle thing and narrowed it down to the SATA port on the motherboard. I sent it for service and Shuttle couldn't duplicate the problem so I just sold it and told the buyer he'd have to put a SATA card in it.

--cro