[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: "Receive your own posts to the list" list option and gmail?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 20:26:13 UTC 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 3:07 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2008 3:03 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 3, 2008 2:59 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Sorry if this is somewhat OT...this has been driving me nuts for a while.
> > >
> > > I have the "Receive your own posts to the list?" option set to yes for
> > > my mythtv-users subscription, and I'm using gmail.
> > >
> > > I never get my own posts in the inbox...thus the posts don't get
> > > bumped to the top of the inbox when I reply.  Has anyone else found
> > > this, and is it some fluke with gmail specifically?
> > >
> > I use gmail and I always get my own posts.
> >
> When I think of it. They do not go to the inbox but I do not want them
> there. I have a filter that puts all MythTV messages under the MythTV
> label.
>
> Sorry,
>

> John

That's what confuses me...I have mine set to mark things with either a
mythtv-user or mythtv-dev label as well.  However from everything I've
seen, everything that comes in from the outside goes into the inbox,
and as a result bumps that thread up.  This never happens with my own
posts.  I know they're of course getting to the list, but on my end
they only end up in sent mail.  Once a reply to the same thread makes
it show up in the inbox I'll see it there only because it belongs to
the same thread.  If I look back for example, at a post I made to the
list to which nobody replied, it exists only in sent mail...it never
even gets assigned to my mythtv-users label because it simply never
came in from the outside at all as far as I can tell.

Tom