[mythtv-users] mplayer and mythvideo on Mac OS Leopard

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 3 20:44:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 09:27:07PM +0100, Lasse Knudsen wrote:
>    /applications/mplayer.app/...... the only thing i get is the sound,
>    i have a feeling that the video is running in the background.
>    Here is the big problem, i have no idea how to stop playback, i
>    only have the sound and then the multicolored beachball that is
>    rotating. Any one know how i can handle this problem, i would like
>    for mplayer to take focus so i can see what is going on. im using
>    a PC keyboard sooo any fancy apple keys wont help me :)

mplayer is known to fail to take focus and be hard to kill if it isn't
playing video, which could be the case if your codecs are whacked,
indeed.

If you're launching mplayer from a text console window, though, I would
expect that a) you could see it in the console window, and b) you could
kill it howmever you do that on OS/X.  Ctrl-C?

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA