[mythtv-users] Channel 7 in Australia - upcoming dvb parameters change

Jarrod Harch jarrod.harch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 00:44:29 UTC 2008

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Jarrod Harch wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I haven't seen mention of this on the list so I thought I'd post this
>> for anyone who isn't aware - Channel 7 are making some changes to their
>> broadcast settings, bringing code rate etc settings in line with most
>> other networks.
>

> Thanks Jarrod, I wasn't aware of this - wonered why Seven had dropped of
> my tunable channels, just presumed my reception had worsened.
>

> Anyone know where I update the settings for MythTV for this?

Hi Lindsay, maybe you just need to use mythtv-setup to find the
transport for Channel 7, and rescan it? Remember to check the xmltvid
for the newly-scanned channels so you get tv guide data.

Otherwise you could use the transport editor to change these settings.

Mythtv stores these settings in the dtv_multiplex table. The channel
table uses the mplexid to lookup the correct transport in dtv_multiplex.
But best to avoid messing with the database directly, and try to tune
the channels with mythtv-setup.

Cheers