[mythtv-users] anyone with working mythtv on CentOS 5.1?

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 01:32:43 UTC 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 12:09 PM, Paul Bender <pebender at san.rr.com> wrote:

> Corey Wirun wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > Would you mind posting your xorg.conf file?  Thanks!
> >
> > Corey.
>
> Here it is. However, I am not sure how helpful it will be.
>
> CentOS 5.1 runs on my backend. However, MiniMyth runs on my frontends.
> This xorg.conf is created by MiniMyth based on MiniMyth configuration
> file variables.
>
> Section "Files"
>    RgbPath     "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
>    FontPath    "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/TTF"
>    FontPath    "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
> #    ModulePath  "/usr/lib/iegd/xorg/modules"
>    ModulePath  "/usr/lib/nvidia/xorg/modules"
>    ModulePath  "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
> EndSection
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>    Option      "DefaultServerLayout" "Layout1"
>    Option      "XkbDisable"          "true"
>    Option      "AllowMouseOpenFail"  "true"
>    Option      "BlankTime"           "0"
>    Option      "StandbyTime"         "0"
>    Option      "SuspendTime"         "0"
>    Option      "OffTime"             "0"
>    Option      "NoPM"                "true"
>    Option      "Xinerama"            "false"
>    Option      "AIGLX"               "false"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Module"
>    Load        "dbe"
> #    Load        "dri"
>    Load        "extmod"
>    Load        "freetype"
>    Load        "glx"
>    Load        "int10"
>    Load        "record"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>    Identifier  "Keyboard1"
>    Driver      "kbd"
>    Option      "AutoRepeat"   "500 30"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>    Identifier  "Mouse1"
>    Driver      "mouse"
>    Option      "Protocol"     "PS/2"
>    Option      "Device"       "/dev/input/mice"
>    Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>    Identifier  "Monitor1"
>    DisplaySize 320 180
>    HorizSync 10.0-70.0
>    VertRefresh 58.0-62.0
>

> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>    Identifier  "Device_intel_810"
>    Driver      "intel"
>    Option      "XvMCSurfaces" "7"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>    Identifier  "Device_intel_915"
>    Driver      "intel"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>    Identifier  "Device_iegd"
>    Driver      "iegd"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>    Identifier  "Device_nvidia"
>    Driver      "nvidia"
>    Option      "NoLogo"              "true"
>    Option      "ConnectedMonitor"    "DFP"
>    Option      "TVStandard"          "NTSC-M"
> [...]
same kernel as I am running in FC5.  My ivtv drivers are rock solid and no
errors whatsoever.  Its version is
ivtv-0.8.2-123.fc5.at  from atrpms.

Perhaps you can compile your own with the srpms. I still have a copy.
On a similar thread, I am exploring the possibility of installing a Centos
kernel in FC5 so I can get kernel security updates until Centos 5 is EOL'd.
It seems that a Centos kernel srpm will compile in an FC5 build
environment.  Their binaries seem to be compatible.  The same seems to be
true with RHEL.  I will find out this weekend if I can successfuly install a
Centos Kernel in FC5.