[mythtv-users] Cool n Quiet + mythcommflag

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Fri Jan 4 03:07:57 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 02 January 2008, Mitch Gore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have cool n quiet workin on my AMD 64 X2 5200.  I noticed when
> mythcommflag is running it doesnt step the ondemand speed to the max.  I
> assume this is because mythcommflag is started to be 'nice' to other
> programs ie Playing HDTV.
>
> How can i configure the system to speed up when commflag is going on but
> also not have issues of studdering HD video?
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell

I also thought the governors generally do only fair to poor in
detecting a single heavy process on a dual core machine.  Because
it keeps bouncing around, no single core stays busy enough to
trip the busy threshold.  Get 2 busy processes, and it speeds up
immediately.  This experience on a X2-3800 on the conservative
governor.

Brian