[mythtv-users] How do master and slave backends divide up work?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 15:36:34 UTC 2008

2008/1/4, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:
> On Jan 4, 2008, at 6:52 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>
> > On Jan 4, 2008 9:47 AM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
> > wrote:

> >> As long as the database is up, it seems to be happy.
> >>

> > Don't you keep your database on your master backend?  Or are you
> > saying just the mythbackend process on your master backend went down?
>
> My database has lived on many different machines. In fact, it's going
> to move again since I keep getting corrupt tables where it is now.
> Thanks for reminding me. *sigh*

I am thinking about building 2nd backend/frontend box.I have already
have one backend/frontend box.

I was thinking about the following problem this morning:
how to make both of the boxes be "independent" but still using the
same database without having third machine for the database.

that means that the database should be on both machines in some kind
of RAID1 over the network and I thought that this could be done. maybe
with rsync or something similar. or some kind of mdadm over network.
is there something like that?
but the problem is when the box with the newest data is offline. there
is no way to have  correct data in the db...

anyone with a creative idea? :)