[mythtv-users] Display current picture resolution in OSD?

Bryan Mayland bmayland+mythtv at capnbry.net
Fri Jan 4 20:23:07 UTC 2008

Jesse Burt wrote:
> First, I'm really sorry if this has been asked before (it almost sounds
> to me like something that would be) but I haven't been able to find what
> I'm looking for, which is:
> Does Myth provide a means to display the currently displayed program's
> resolution in the OSD? e.g., if I were watching a show being broadcast
> in 720p, "720p" or something similar would appear somewhere in the OSD.

This information is not available to the OSD.  I've added it to my own
using this patch I created:
http://capnbry.net/~bmayland/fi/pvr150/res_to_osd.diff

Once you're patched you can use the following variables in any OSD:
"videowidth"
"videoframerate"
"videoheight"
"videoaspect"
"videoscan"

For example %videoaspect% %videoheight%%videoscan% might produce
something like "16:9 1080i"

I haven't submitted a ticket to add this because when you launch livetv
it doesn't fill in the information correctly for initial display so it
looks bad.