[mythtv-users] Software Update always results in X not starting

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jan 4 22:40:00 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008, at 11:23 AM, MythTV wrote:

> The questions I still have are:
> How do I know what kernel version will result from a Software Update?
> How do I know that yum will have a nvidia version for my next kernel?
> How does everybody out there coordinate the two so easily?

I use a single repository (ATrpms) to keep my system updated. I rely
on Axel to make sure I have the right combination of kernel, kernel
modules, etc. When it breaks, you can alert him on the forums and he's
good about making it all better as long as you are not doing partial
updates (like yum upgrade \*myth\*) and are doing normal full upgrades
(like yum upgrade).