[mythtv-users] xmltv.radiotimes.com is back

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Fri Jan 4 23:09:52 UTC 2008

Neil Milne wrote:
> On 03/01/2008, Andy Burns <fedora at adslpipe.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 03/01/2008 06:30, Neil Milne wrote:
>>
>>> I find you get a lot more detail in the rt feed - episode names are
>>> more prevalent which helps a lot with the duplicate checker in myth.
>> Does the RT feed suffer the same issue as the EIT feed, which is that
>> for repeats, sombody often feels tempted to make minor tweaks to the
>> description of what is the same episode, causing myth to regard it as
>> different? Or are you saying the extra episode names don't suffer this,
>> so therefore you are able to disable matching on description.
>
> For repeats the description often changes, but you can usually rely on
> the episode name (aka subtitle) not to change. For a lot of my
> schedules I have changed the default match rules from 'subtitle and
> description' to 'subtitle' - this prevents a lot of manual episode
> deletion after the fact :-)

That's fine when episodes actually have subtitles, but doesn't work for
things like Top Gear or Have I Got News For You. If I match those shows
on descriptions I either get duplicate recordings because the
descriptions are changed, or worse I miss recordings because they use
the same description for different episodes.

Maybe the new EIT series-link stuff will fix this, assuming each unique
series and episode is given a unique ID by the data providers.

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T