[mythtv-users] Slow program guide in 0.21

Steve Wilson mythtv_arizona at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 03:27:26 UTC 2008

I've been running 0.21 for about a month now and I noticed that the program guide is slow with LiveTV and sometimes causes the frontend to hang so I have to kill it. I have a two card system and with the analog card the guide works without any problems, with the DVB card is where the guide hangs with livetv. I have 1GB of RAM and an AMD 3700 and a Geforce 7300. Do I need more memory? The weird thing is that the if I run the mythfrontend -v all the program guide works better.

I did a search in the dev list and it says that it's an issue with a Realtek driver r8169 but I don't have a realtek ethernet card.