[mythtv-users] newbie questions

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Jan 5 03:32:36 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008, at 6:26 PM, John Finlay wrote:

> 1. If I have two tuners and I'm watching live tv and the backend needs
> to record a program and the tuner that it is supposed to use is the
> one
> I'm using for live tv will the backend automatically use the other
> tuner
> if it's not busy?

You will be prompted to let it record and watch while it records,
cancel the recording or let it record and exit to the main menu.

> 2. Is there a way to specify which tuner to use when watching livetv?

Enter LiveTV and press Y to cycle through the available tuners. It
will default to the lowest priority tuner if you set the option to
"Try to avoid LiveTV Conflicts" or something like that. Tuner priority
can be set with mythtv-setup.

Clearly these re newbie questions because once you've been using myth
for any length of time, you will no longer have a need for Live TV. ;)