[mythtv-users] Editing videos in mythvideo

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 5 13:51:31 UTC 2008

On 05/01/2008, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
> Has anyone got editing working in mythvideo for xvid/dvix videos which were
> created from mythtv via nuvexport? Or any other suggestions for editing
> outside of mythtv either on windows or linux? I have tried using virtualdub
> but I find it alway complains about VBR even if I haven't exported as VBR.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony
>

> When Editing in mythvideo using the Internal Player I get the error "No
> Seektable" is it possible to build a seek table for Dvix/Xvid files?

Hi Anthony,

I'm not 100% sure, but you could always suck and see :-D

Take a look at the top link on this search

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=forum_1&search_string=build+seektable&search_type=AND

There's a few mentions of (re)building seektables for recordings, not
sure if it works on videos (I do remember knowing the answer to this
at some point in time, but it alludes me at this precise moment).

Good luck!

Steve Daniels