[mythtv-users] NFS and remote backend

Brian listmail at miatar.org
Sun Jan 6 14:59:54 UTC 2008

jongi wrote:
> David Brodbeck wrote:

>>> it's via wireless. the computer that serves as the master be/fe is
>>> downstairs and on the other side of the house
>>
>> Could you post the /etc/exports and /etc/fstab lines you're using?
>>  Maybe you need to tweak your NFS options.

> /etc/fstab
>
> 10.0.0.3:/nfs4exports/share1    /mnt/mythtv/media/      nfs             rw
>
> /etc/exports
>
> /nfs4exports/share1/   *(rw,async,all_squash)

You can try by increasing the buffer size by adding rsize=$kb,wsize=$kb
in the options section where $kb is the amount of buffer in kilobytes.
IIRC, Linux kernels over 2.4 default to an 8k buffer. Maybe try 32k
($kb=32768)?

I've found that SCP, NFS and Samba all operate at the same speed (pretty
much). I'm not sure how FTP speed places in that group. Maybe try a test
using SCP to isolate if it's a network problem or NFS problem?

HTH,

-Brian