[mythtv-users] Frame rate problem when watching live TV

Mark Smit mark at miracle-online.nl
Sun Jan 6 16:36:50 UTC 2008

>> > No, try another program such as tvtime, mplayer, vlc etc to view the
>> > stream directly.
>>
>> Tvtime terminates immediately with the message that it requires XV
>> support.
>> Mplayer hangs when I try to tune to a channel. On VLC, I get "No suitable
>> access module for 'dvb:'". Any suggestions?
>
> Try tuning with czap and dump the stream with dvbstream. Do a quick
> google for examples. Then play the stream with mplayer.

OK, thanks, I will try.

>> The reason I tried mythtv-vid was the ability to configure alternatives
>> xv.
>
> In that case, possibly try SVN, where you can use opengl output,
> however are you sure that this works? Be aware that upgrading to SVN
> is a one-way process for your database.

OK, that's no problem, there is nothing special in my database. This is a
dedicated system for Myth, I would have no problem to completely reinstall
Mythbuntu if necessary.

>> Flgrx has a problem with xv support for R600. When I configure for xv
>> with
>> "aticonfig --ovt=Xv" and reboot, and run xvinfo, I get the result "no
>> adapters present".
>
> Mark,
>
> I don't have an R600 based Radeon nor do I use aticonfig, but could you
> check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf Device section for something like this:
> Section "Device"
>        Identifier      "ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R600-based card"
>        Driver          "fglrx"
>        Busid           "PCI:1:5:0"
>        Option          "VideoOverlay"  "on"    # <--- This line needs
> to be here for Xvideo to work
> EndSection
>
> I use an R300 card (Xpress 200M)... I am not 100% certain that newer
> cards such as those R600-based need this line but I would think it would
> be the same for anything using the fglrx driver.

My xorg.conf has the same setting, aticonfig adds this when you configure
for Xv using the --ovt switch.

Cheers,

Mark.