[mythtv-users] Live TV problem in multirec

Shane gnome42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 17:47:17 UTC 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 10:44 AM, Meerlin Meerlin <meerlin_88 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have a problem with live tv in the multirec branch. I'm using a master
> backend server with two DVB-C cards in and have two frontend clients using
> the server. I have set the limit for simultaneous records for each card to
> 3. I have cleaned the cards away from my settings when I switched to the
> multirec and re-added them as recommended. The problem I have found it that
> when tuner 1 is recording one or more shows and I'm using tuner 2 for live
> tv and a new recording is starting that is on the same transponder as the
> live tv channel the live tv will freeze on the frontend. When I look on the
> mythweb status page I can still see that the live tv show is recorded on the
> backend in parallel with the new recording on the same transponder. If I
> exit live tv to main menu on the frontend and tries to start a new live tv
> session it refuses to display the video and I end up with a error. If I look
> in the frontend log I have lots of "prebuffer pause" errors. So it seems
> that the backend is still recording the live tv but the frontend will not
> get any data for the live tv.
>
>  Is the multirec code designed to be able to handle schedules of recordings
> on a tuner that is busy with live tv on the same transponder as the upcoming
> recording? If yes, this should not affect the live tv session since the card
> still allows 2 more recodings from the transponder and mythtv should be able
> to use another virtual tuner. When a scheduled recording is about to start
> on a transponder not equal to the one tuned in on tuner1 or tuner2 should
> mythfrontend rise a question on what I want to do (continue watching live tv
> or record the scheduled show). Which classes in the code is responsible for
> this decisions (give me a hint I can start looking at it)? Is this a backend
> problem or a frontend problem or maybe both frontend and backend problem?

Before spending time on debugging this I would suggest that you update to the
latest multirec from svn. Some recent fixes might help your issues.

Also, what do you have for LiveTVPriority?

SELECT * FROM `settings` where `value`='LiveTVPriority'

If there is still a problem you could post the frontend log with -v
playback and the
backend log with -v channel,record and the revision number.

Shane