[mythtv-users] LiveTV without the disk buffering

Mike Heffner mikeh at fesnel.com
Mon Jan 7 00:43:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

Is there a way to configure LiveTV so that it does not have to disk
buffer the stream? I have an HD card and my disk is unable to support
buffering the stream at the HD rate (it jumps/skips) but I'd like to be
able to watch HD channels without the ability to time-shift/etc.

I can watch the channels if I exit mythfrontend and run mplayer, but I'd
like to watch TV without exiting mythfrontend.

Any ideas?

Mike

--

   Mike Heffner   <mheffner@[acm.]vt.edu>