[mythtv-users] MythTV Status in your MOTD (and email) - Version 0.6.2

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Mon Jan 7 02:54:26 UTC 2008

Hi Marc,

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 17:52 -0500, Marc wrote:
> How do I add this to my MOTD?

What distro are you running?  How did you install mythtv-status, using
the .debs or tarball?

> All I get is "/etc/default/mythtv-status -h niflheim" when I login.

Is that in your MOTD or are you trying to run /etc/default/mythtv-status
somewhere?

I suspect you might want to use /usr/bin/mythtv-status -h niflheim .

> Also not sure what is happening here but on my backend when I run the file I
> get no errors.
> On my frontend I get the message
> Schedule Conflicts:
> Unable to access MythTV Perl API.  Try with --verbose to find out why.
>
> When I run with verbose I get no reason.

Rats...  I'll send you a patch offlist to try and see if that helps with
the reason.

> asgard bin # ./mythtv-status --verbose -h niflheim
> We have the correct protocol version for Total Disk Space
> We have the correct xml version for Total Disk Space
[snip]

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand