[mythtv-users] Using JACK for Audio

Martin Lynch martin.lynch at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 7 09:03:45 UTC 2008

Has anyone successfully used JACK to output audio from MythTV? I start
qjackctl, select JACK from the front end settings in Myth, then tune in
a channel. The connection shows ever so briefly in qjackctl's
connections box but then disappears. I use JACK successfully day in and
day out for music recording projects (with Ardour) without any problems
whatsoever, so I don't think it's on JACK's end. I also tried selecting
various sample rates (by default I use 96K but tried it with 44.1K and
48K) and with and without real time priorities, all to no avail. I
scoured the web with no luck; also all my old archives of this list and
the only matches I got were in the context of "I don't know jack
about..." - nothing relating to JACK... Anyone have any suggestions?