[mythtv-users] LiveTV without the disk buffering

Mike Heffner mikeh at fesnel.com
Tue Jan 8 03:45:18 UTC 2008

Steve Hodge wrote:

> 7GB per hour is only 2MB per second. If your disk can handle writing and
> reading simultaneously at that speed there is something wrong. Disk
> should not be a bottleneck for a single tuner MythTV system, even with HD.

Yep, I tried reformatting from reiserfs to ext3 but the video is still
choppy. It appears that this is a problem with the CPU. mythfrontend is
running at about 180% CPU on a Pentium 4 2.4GHz with hyperthreading in
LiveTV mode. I've turned off any deinterlacing of the playback stream.

Does anyone have experience with the pcHDTV 5500 card? What are the CPU
requirements for this card in LiveTV mode?

Thanks,

Mike

--

   Mike Heffner   <mheffner@[acm.]vt.edu>