[mythtv-users] Looking for recommendations on moving my backend to a new server

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:32:39 UTC 2008

Hello, all!

I'm in the process of moving my backend to a new server.  Currently, I
have the following setup:

*****
Backend/Basement Frontend:
2 HDTV cards (QAM)
2 SDTV cards
~ 700G of recorded programs

Two other frontend-only machines
*****

I would like the following setup:

*****
Slave Backend / Basement Frontend (old machine)
2 HDTV cards (possibly)
1 SDTV card
current recording drives?

New Backend
1 HDHomerun
2 SDTV Cards
1 TB of recording space

Two other frontend-only machines
*****

What are y'all's recommendations on how to set this up / transfer
files / copy the database?  Should I keep the old recordings on the
machine where they currently reside, or should I copy the files to the
new array?  what sort of gerrymandering am I looking at with the
database transfer?  Should I just back up certain tables for program,
music, and movies info, and rebuild the rest through Mythtv-setup?

TIA for the help.