[mythtv-users] looking for an hdhomerun

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Tue Jan 8 18:46:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 01:41:55PM -0500, Larry K wrote:
> Yeah, it sounds like HDHR is the way to go if you want HD content, either
> from OTA or cable via QAM.  I was under the false impression it could also
> capture digital cable that is not HD.  Channels that are on the digital
> cable tier that are not available on analog to my PVRs.    This is why my
> interest was piqued.  Oh well.

You are sorta wrong.

HDHR captures OTA or QAM, provided that the QAM is not
encrypted. If your cable operator provides 'digital cable' which
is not encrypted, then the HDHR can capture it, regardless of
whether it is SD or HD.

-dsr-

subversive content by DHS, and is
believed to be traitorous Commie propaganda.
http://tao.merseine.nu:81/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.