[mythtv-users] How to ensure STB is powered ON? Re: SA3250HD is turning itself off?

Evuraan::ഏവൂരാന്‍ evuraan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 20:36:09 UTC 2008

Will this (or something like this?) work?

vid="/dev/video0"
cat $vid > /tmp/out1 ; sleep 10;  cat $vid > /tmp/out2
diff /tmp/out1 /tmp/out2 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null && echo "STB is powered off?"

That is, out1, out2 will not differ if the STB is dead as it is
grabbing blank frames.( and blank grab files /hopefully/ are exactly
identical?) ;)

out1,out2 will be differing it STB is sending stuff over to grab.

That being said, I am miles away from my machine to test.

Thanks..!