[mythtv-users] NFS and remote backend

Evuraan::ഏവൂരാന്‍ evuraan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 21:18:03 UTC 2008

Instead of nfs, use compressed ssh port fwding between your myth F/E
and B/E - of course, you'll burn slightly more calories running ssh to
compress/decompress, but that should let you live with your thin net
link.

Here's a small howto:

http://evuraan.blogspot.com/2007/11/watch-mythtv-remotely.html

ssh is more secure, plus in this way,  mysqld and backend need to
listen only on 127.0.0.1