[mythtv-users] Australian TV station show times...

Johan Venter mythtv at vulturest.com
Tue Jan 8 21:58:43 UTC 2008

Dan Cotter wrote:
> Anyone else notice how far shows can be away from their scheduled start
> times?
> I had to set to record 5 minutes early and end 15 minutes late, I am
> still missing the end of some shows (I am in brisbane).

I am also in Brisbane and have had to do a similar thing for the last
couple of years with Myth. I've discovered Ten to be the worst culpruit,
at least other networks make some sort of token effort of staying on
time while Ten is very often ~10 late with show starts (meaning the end
ends up on the next recording in the case of back-to-backs).

I got a second tuner to alleviate the problem, however that's no
solution for not starting shows on time.

While we're on the subject, what is the deal with Ten rolling show
credits and before the first scene of the show going straight to ads?
That boils my blood (though thankfully having Myth means I don't have to
watch them).

Regards,
Johan.