[mythtv-users] Using multiple key modifiers

Chris Cooper psiuyo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 05:14:03 UTC 2008

I've been using myth for a couple years now with a PVR250 and the
included remote, but recently I set up a separate backend machine and
now have had to turn to a USB IR remote that pretends it's a keyboard in
order to control the FE.

The problem I have with it is that 1/3 of the keys are CTRL+SHIFT+?, and
for the life of me I can't get myth to recognise double modifiers in the
keybindings.  I've even tried remapping SHIFT_L to ALT_L with xmodmap
thinking that it was just a problem of myth not reacting to the SHIFT,
but CTRL+ALT+? doesn't seem to want to work either.  The CTRL+? mappings
work just fine, as do the unmodified keys of course.

Alternatively, does anyone know if it is possible to use multiple
modifiers in the lircrc, something like "button = CTRL+SHIFT+G"?  If I
can do that then I could fall back to lirc with devinput.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.