[mythtv-users] Command line to stream audio/video from net

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:44:35 UTC 2008

> The menu part is easy since I know how to launch a command from a menu item.
>  BUT....does anyone know how to start a stream from the command line?

Mplayer can play streams so you could just create menu items that
invoke mplayer.

Alternatively you could do the following:
1) Create a playlist file (extension .m3u I think) which contains the
URL of the stream.
2) Create a mythvideo entry that has a custom command line to call
invoke mplayer with the playlist file. In that command line you can
also tell it how much to buffer before it starts plaaying etc. I have
an example at home if you'd like me to post it later.

Regards,
Phill