[mythtv-users] DVB-T users in the UK - please send me your dvbscan channels.conf file

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Wed Jan 9 11:06:36 UTC 2008

On 08/01/2008, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested in trying to produce a comprehensive list of the
> service IDs available on the UK Freeview netwokr so that the uk_rt
> grabber can associate its XMLTV IDs against those service IDs. Amongst
> other things, this could allow the grabber to provide the information
> needed to automatically allocate XMLTV IDs against digital channels
> already configured in MythTV, and remove the need to manually provide
> an XMLTV ID for each channel when configuring a FreeView video source
> using the grabber. The aim also is to allow a user to specify at the
> grabber configuration stage only the service they receive and have all
> channels available on that service configured automagically.

Interesting idea, Just a quick question, due to areial placement
issues I only get a few 4 out of 6 multiplexes, would my data still be
useful to you?

> I am also compiling lists of channels available on VirginMedia (for
> use with a channel changer script, not DVB-C) and Sky (subscription
> and FreeSat/FTV) in the hope of making it simpler to configure
> non-EIT-listings video sources in the UK.

For Virgin, Wikipedia seem very good at keeping up with the channel changes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_channels_on_Virgin_Television

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/