[mythtv-users] Belgium - Telenet digitaal

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Wed Jan 9 12:12:58 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 09 January 2008, at0m wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if it's possible to watch Telenet Digitaal in Belgium using
> MythTV?
>
> One option would be to control the Digibox using IRDA from the
> Mythbackend, then feed the Digibox output to my PVR-350's S-video input.
>   This would degrade the digital signal somewhat, but my frontends are
> laptops and analog CRT's, so HDTV isn't really an issue.
>
> One of my problems is, since my flatmate has installed the Digibox,
> Telenet has left me with only a couple analog channels, all the rest is
> suddenly unavailable.  Pretty annoying!
>
> Preferably I'd just add a digital tuner card to the backend, but I don't
>   expect Telenet Digitaal to would allow that.
>
> Anyone here in Belgium experienced with that?  Looking forward to read
> some more on this topic!!
I have the same problem.  The problem with telenet and belgacom is that they
block all third-party access to the raw signal.  I know Loewe who is making
nice televisions is suing telenet because Loewe wants to include a tuner in
the tv so you don't need the telenet hardware.

An alternative is sattelite with TV vlaanderen.  Take a lok at this guide:
http://www.knudde.be/index.php?page_name=htpc

When I want to go digital, I go for TV vlaanderen so I can use my own
equipment.

Stef