[mythtv-users] What to expect when you're expecting FireWire

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:45:16 UTC 2008

> My box seems to be relatively unknown, at least to google.  I did find
> some threads after randomly searching around for a box with a similar
> model number, SA4250, so I'm going to try some of the fixes and
> suggestions from those threads, but nothing I've tried so far looks
> promising.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ry

So since the SA4250 tips didn't seem to make a difference for my
SA4240, can anyone offer suggestions on how to determine if the ports
just don't work or if I've messed something up?

I tried all the variations of broadcast/p2p and Box type from within
mythtv-setup and got nothing.  I'm not surprised because test_mpeg2
didn't work either.

Is it about time to take it to the linux firewire mailing list?

Ry