[mythtv-users] MythTV channel scan missing channels that HDHomeRun finds

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Wed Jan 9 16:40:41 UTC 2008

Hello,

I posted this on the HDHomeRun forum but it's probably more of a MythTV
question.  I have a combined frontend/backend running the latest
Mythbuntu.  I added an HDHomeRun unit last night, with both tuners
connected to an OTA broadcast feed.

The HDHomeRun unit works great, but the mythtv channel scan does not
find all of the channels that the HDHomeRun finds using the
hdhomerun_config utility:

$ ./hdhomerun_config <device id> scan 0 scan0.txt

$ grep PROGRAM scan0.txt
PROGRAM: 3: 16.1 KMTR HD
PROGRAM: 4: 16.2 KMTR CW
PROGRAM: 3: 13.1 KVAL-DT
PROGRAM: 4: 13.2 KVAL-DT
PROGRAM: 3: 28.1 KEPB-HD
PROGRAM: 4: 28.2 KEPB-SD
PROGRAM: 5: 28.3 Create
PROGRAM: 6: 28.4 OC
PROGRAM: 3: 34.1 KLSR-HD
PROGRAM: 4: 34.2 KEVU-DT
PROGRAM: 3: 7.1 KOAC-HD
PROGRAM: 4: 7.2 KOAC-SD
PROGRAM: 5: 7.3 Create
PROGRAM: 6: 7.4 OC
PROGRAM: 1: 9.1 KEZI HD
PROGRAM: 2: 9.2 KEZI SD

When I scan for channels within mythtv-setup, mythtv only finds the 7*,
28*, and 34* channels (9*, 13*, 16* are missing).  I am using a
SchedulesDirect lineup with all of the HD channels selected, and it is
properly assigned to the video source, etc.

How can I get mythtv to recognize all of the channels that
hdhomerun_config is finding?  Do I need to add the channels to mythtv
manually?

Thanks.